Vail Resorts – Ever Vail
Ever Vail’s master plan calls for 283 housing units, including luxury condominium and workforce (80%) and market rate (20%), located across 12 acres of brownfield redevelopment. The project features over a million square feet of new hospitality, residential, office and retail developments and is balanced by significant wetland restoration and creek-daylight efforts. The entire project is woven together through pedestrian-oriented public plazas, green streetscapes and trail systems.
Paladino and Company was engaged to support the owner and team in the pursuit of a LEED for Neighborhood Development rating as part of their participation in the LEED-ND pilot program, which includes achieving LEED certification for major building project types on the site. This highly detailed and comprehensive rating system includes performance standards for site and buildings, with a specific focus on energy performance across all properties.
Paladino and Company’s strategy was to develop a dual approach to sustainability that:
- Leveraged natural site amenities and detail inherent in the location to prove its applicability to LEED-ND
- Established a comprehensive building strategy that would meet LEED-ND requirements while at the same time validating higher than conventional performance of at least 40% of constructed square footage on the site.
To that end, Paladino and Company’s project scope included:
- Comprehensive review of project drawings, specifications and design concepts to validate project performance per LEED
- Development and delivery of a strategic visioning session with the full ownership team in attendance to align owner goals with LEED performance
- Ongoing coaching and guidance to the team through regular team meetings and on demand consulting
- Technical analysis to validate recommended strategies, including a site water balance for grey water and storm water reuse and a wind power feasibility study
- Development of the LEED-ND Stage One and Two applications
Based on this effort, the project has been awarded LEED-ND Platinum precertification and building strategy refinements are currently under way.
- Green building consulting
LEED-ND Platinum certification, Stage 1