Paladino and Company is looking for a goal-oriented and organized sustainability analyst to be part of our consulting team.
Would you describe yourself as insightful, disciplined, and positive? Are you interested in working with a team that works smart, works together, and is focused on high quality results? Are you excited about working collaboratively with skilled project managers and technical leads supporting multiple projects? Does the idea of using sustainable discourse to drive change through commercial real estate industry sound engaging? If you answered yes to these questions – keep reading!
To be successful in this role you must be methodical, organized, knowledgeable, and analytical – while operating as an easy-going, resilient, and positive member of our organization. We need you to walk in on day one with a fundamental understanding of the built environment – architecture, engineering, construction or environmental management knowledge is preferred and thrive in a fast paced environment. Our expectation is that you’re already proficient with Microsoft Office and have strong communication skills including basic experience as a technical writer.
We seek those with at least 2 years of professional experience or a master’s degree in a related field. A LEED GA, LEED AP, and/or a WELL AP is considered a bonus but it not requisite to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We hire based on talent and fit, and we seek top performers.
- Support tracking, reporting, and updates associated with LEED, WELL, and other sustainability third-party certification projects from concept through certification
- Prepare documentation for LEED, WELL, GRESB and other sustainability applications based on project requirements and owners schedule.
- Prepare project specific calculations to quantify how the environmental impact of the site development, water use, energy use, ventilation effectiveness, and materials used.
- Prepare research for a range of commercial real estate related topics including market conditions, cognitive function, indoor air quality, advanced MEP systems, LEED and/or WELL certification, GRESB, GRI, and other market-leading certification systems.
- Produce deliverables in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint that align with company standards that are clear, have a point of view, and that drive the decision making process for our clients.
- Work on multiple tasks independently with guidance of senior staff; and support senior staff on complex projects.
- Manage your time to stay on track with billable target, stay within task budget and time allocations set by project leaders
- Complete tasks based on project schedule and project plan allowing for quality control and feedback to be completed
- Participate and eventually lead monthly coordination meetings with contractors to assist them in the completion of LEED/WELL documentation and achievement of their required credits and optimizations.
- Participate in monthly invoicing and financial projections for all project-related work based on project lead’s direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Design, Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Management, or other applicable technical degree required
- Basic understanding of commercial building drawings, HVAC systems and the design +construction process is required
- Proficient technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Office required
- 2+ years of work experience in related field Or a Master’s Degree in a related field
- Demonstrated experience within the sustainable discourse
- Familiar with green building certification programs
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team to complete diverse tasks on schedule