LEED AP BD+C, Manager
With 10 years of experience in commercial construction and the real estate industry, Susie is highly experienced in sustainable building practices, corporate social responsibility and LEED project management.
As a manager in Paladino’s DC office, Susie guides her team to determine the best and most strategic approach to align clients’ high performance building goals with sustainability requirements and business objectives. She works to determine opportunities for cost savings within projects, incorporating improvements that align with the needs of stakeholders.
Prior to working at Paladino, Susie was corporate sustainability manager at Balfour Beatty Construction, where she helped develop and manage the company’s global sustainability roadmap, including greenhouse gas accounting and reporting. Susie also led Balfour Beatty project teams to achieve clients’ sustainability goals, and offered client consulting to support companies in becoming responsible corporate citizens through education, awareness and accountability practices.
Outside of work, she demonstrates a deep commitment to sustainability through her involvement in volunteer organizations and community engagement. She currently sits on the USGBC’s 2015 Greenbuild Host Committee and serves as co-chair of its Legacy Project Committee. She is also an active member of NAIOP MD/DC’s Sustainable Development Committee. In 2013, she was awarded the title of “Fearless Leader” in the young professional category during the Charlotte Sustainable Business Awards.
Susie earned a graduate certificate in sustainability studies from Harvard University in 2014 and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from Virginia Polytechnic Institute in 2005.
Project management, LEED consulting, sustainability consulting, strategy and implementation, corporate responsibility, ENERGY STAR portfolio management
- Canon USA Inc. DC11 Expansion, Norcross, GA – Pilot project LEED v4 beta test (performed with Balfour Beatty Construction)
- Compass Datacenters, Boston, MA – LEED-CS Gold (performed with Balfour Beatty Construction)
- Wells Fargo Trading Floors, Charlotte, NC – LEED-CI Platinum (performed with Balfour Beatty Construction)
- SPX Corporate Headquarters, Charlotte – LEED-NC Silver (performed with Balfour Beatty Construction)
- Duke Energy Center Executive and Typical Floors – LEED-CI Platinum (performed with Balfour Beatty Construction)