CEO, PE, Assoc AIA, LEED® AP
A nationally recognized leader in sustainability, Tom Paladino is the founder and president of Paladino and Company. Drawing upon his technical expertise in both architecture and engineering, Tom has brought innovative ideas, a building science knowledge and perspective, and a proven process for design integration to the nearly 300 green and LEED projects he has consulted on. From concept and system design assistance, to cost/benefit evaluation and analysis, Tom contributes inspiration, expertise and implementation-focused tools to each project team.
Credited with creating the widely adopted Eco Charrette method, Tom is also a significant contributor to the development of the LEED® Green Building Rating System. His firm conducted the LEED Pilot Program, authored the LEED 2.0 Reference Guide, and is leading the development of LEED v3.0. The firm continues to serve as certification reviewers on behalf of the U.S. Green Building Council. Tom served as the Vice Chair of the USGBC Board and co-chair of the LEED Steering Committee. As a former chair of the Seattle AIA Committee on the Environment, Tom helped found the City of Seattle Sustainable Building Task Force, a regional initiative that ultimately led to the adoption of LEED by the City of Seattle, the first city in the country to do so.
Concept design, visioning and strategy development, executive presentations, green proforma and life cycle cost analysis, daylighting, heating and cooling system concept design (mechanical and non-mechanical), team integration and project management
- Las Vegas Springs Preserve, Las Vegas Valley Water District, Las Vegas, NV – LEED Platinum
- PNC Green Branch™ Volume Certification Program, 100+ locations – Targeting LEED Gold and Silver (100+ currently certified)
- PNC Firstside Center, Pittsburgh, PA – LEED Silver
- Three PNC Plaza Hotel and Multi-Use Annex, Pittsburgh, PA – Targeting LEED Silver
- North American Headquarters, HSBC, Mettawa, IL – LEED Gold
- J. Richard Carnall Center, PFPC Wordwide Headquarters, Wilmington, DE – LEED Gold
- World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, U.S Navy and National Parks Service, Pearl Harbor, HI – LEED Gold