PE, LEED AP, CEO
A nationally recognized leader in sustainability, Tom Paladino is the founder and CEO of Paladino and Company, an award-winning green building consulting firm based in Seattle, WA. Drawing upon his technical expertise in both architecture and engineering, Tom has integrated building science and business value into the 1,000 green and LEED projects his firm has consulted.
Utilizing his 20 years of experience guiding real estate owners, operators and developers, Tom works with clients to define desired business results and then develop the sustainable strategies to achieve those results across a client’s entire real estate portfolio, in order to prove the business case for green building and improve asset value.
Credited with creating the widely adopted Eco Charrette method, Tom and his firm has played a significant role in the development of the LEED® Green Building Rating System since its inception, most recently serving as technical editors of the LEED v4 Reference Guides. Tom served as the Vice Chair of the USGBC Board and co-chair of the LEED Steering Committee. As a former chair of the Seattle AIA Committee on the Environment, Tom helped found the City of Seattle Sustainable Building Task Force, a regional initiative that ultimately led to the adoption of LEED by the City of Seattle, the first city in the country to do so. Tom also served as a GSA National Design Excellence Peer.
Concept design, visioning and strategy development, executive presentations, green proforma and life cycle cost analysis, daylighting, heating and cooling system concept design (mechanical and non-mechanical), team integration and project management
- The Tower at PNC Plaza, PNC Financial Services Group, Pittsburgh, PA – beyond LEED Platinum
- Las Vegas Springs Preserve, Las Vegas Valley Water District, Las Vegas, NV – LEED Platinum
- PNC Green Branch® LEED-NC Volume Certification Program, PNC Financial Services Group, targeting LEED Gold and Silver (200+ currently certified)
- PNC Firstside Center, Pittsburgh, PA – LEED Silver
- Three PNC Plaza Hotel and Multi-Use Annex, Pittsburgh, PA – Targeting LEED Silver
- North American Headquarters, HSBC, Mettawa, IL – LEED Gold
- J. Richard Carnall Center, PFPC Wordwide Headquarters, Wilmington, DE – LEED Gold
- World War II Valor in the Pacific Nat’l Monument Visitor Center, US Navy and National Parks Service, Pearl Harbor, HI – LEED Gold
- Paladino Headquarters, Seattle, WA – LEED v4 Gold