In these uncertain times, we take pleasure in sharing good news and victories, no matter how big or small. Today, we are sharing five positive environmental news articles that we hope that you’ll enjoy, too!
1. After 116 Years, Volkswagen’s Zwickau Factory Produced Its Last Fossil Fuel Vehicle Today – CleanTechnica
“With the step-by-step transformation of the Zwickau plant, Volkswagen is for the first time switching a large car factory completely to electric mobility.” Going forward, the German town will be responsible for producing 6 different EV models across the Volkswagon Group brands.
2. A Dam Comes Down — and Tribes, Cities, Salmon and Orcas Could All Benefit – The Revelator
“You may not have heard much about the long fight to remove the Nooksack Dam near Bellingham, Washington, but its detonation this week will prove ecologically and culturally important.”
3. Going ‘Deep Green,’ Office Buildings Give Back to the Planet – The New York Times
“As technology costs have declined, more developers are creating buildings that can benefit the Earth by tackling pollution and save money by producing their own power.”
4. An Unexpected Breakout Year for the Social Side of ESG – GreenBiz
“This is a critical time for corporate sustainability. What we do or don’t do will change the world, but for reasons nobody could have predicted in December.”
5. Germany’s Coal Power Could Shut Down a Decade Early – Bloomberg
“Generators have until 2038 to switch off their plants, but there are incentives to get it done quicker.”
Our Recent Posts:
- COVID READINESS: IWBI AND USGBC SEEK TO HELP BUSINESSES QUANTIFY RISK
- WHY IT’S WORTH INVESTING IN AN ECO-CHARRETTE
- MARYLAND PROPERTY AND ASSET MANAGERS TAKE NOTE: BUILDING TUNE-UP PROGRAM INCENTIVES