Paladino and Company, a leader in sustainability consulting, is looking for a driven and enthusiastic associate consultant to join our team!
Would you describe yourself as productive, driven, and disciplined? Are you interested in working with a team that works smart, works together, and is focused on mitigating climate change? Are you excited about working collaboratively with skilled project managers and technical leads on multiple projects? Does the idea of working with sustainable commercial real estate sound intriguing? If you answered yes to these questions – keep reading!
The right person for this role is a curious and eager learner. Many of your activities will be new to you, however methodical, confident, and analytical people will no doubt be a success. Learning for the associate consultant is guided by their senior teammates who chaperon their expansion of technical knowledge and share the skills needed for project execution. We need you to walk in day one with professional experience in a commercial real estate-related field – architecture, engineering, or construction. Some experience working with sustainability or third-party rating systems is preferred.
We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We hire based on talent and fit, and we seek top performers.
- Track and report status of LEED, WELL, and other sustainability third-party certification projects from concept through construction, and manage documentation including reviewer comments.
- Prepare technical calculations that relate to the project’s location, water use, energy use, ventilation systems, and materials.
- Support technical studies and research for a variety of projects, such as climate analysis, precedents, circularity, or building a business case for a sustainability strategy.
- Prepare research on market conditions, cognitive function and environmental impacts, advanced MEP systems, LEED and/or WELL certification, GRESB, GRI, and other market-leading environmental strategies
- Manage multiple projects independently, under the guidance of senior teammates; and support senior teammates on complex projects.
- Interface directly with clients to report ongoing project status and next steps.
- Independently manage your time to stay on track with billable activities, within project budgets and time allocations and project prioritizations.
- Complete tasks based on project schedule and project plan allowing for quality control and feedback to be completed
- Lead monthly coordination meetings with contractors to assist them in the completion of LEED/WELL documentation and achievement of their required credits and optimizations.
- Participate in generating marketing content such as blog posts and business development through daily client interactions
- Participate in monthly invoicing and financial projections for all project-related work
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have U.S. employment authorization that does not require employer sponsorship
- BA/BS in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Environmental Studies, Real Estate or related field
- LEED/WELL AP with a specialty designation preferred
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years professional experience in design, construction, operations, or green building
- 2+ years managing data and project-related activities
- 2+ years working on a team of knowledge workers
- Experience with life cycle analyses preferred
- Successfully managed and prioritized 5-10+ tasks simultaneously
- Successfully managed tasks that take 30+ hours to complete
- Successfully managed workflow assignments up to a senior teammate
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding benefits that include health insurances and company-matched 401k
- Professional development allowances
- Green Ambassador philanthropic giving and volunteering program
- A talented, creative, passionate, and fun team
Paladino celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.