Are you someone who likes to step away from your desk to work in the field? Are you an ambitious professional who is ready to build a strong foundation of building science and business leadership while delivering detail-oriented and client-ready work?
We are seeking an emerging professional to join our Commissioning Team. Primary responsibilities are to deliver building commissioning and energy audits to major clients of the firm. In this role, you will have the chance to work with a variety of people and projects, across disciplines both inside and outside of the organization.
Our commissioning team is busy and hard-working – does that describe you?
This team player has general working knowledge of building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Candidates must be highly detailed, responsive, dependable, and have good task prioritization and self-management skills. Excellent external and internal communication, big picture thinking, and continuous learning skills are highly desired.
The technically knowledgeable candidate will be able to work well with diverse groups and interests and have demonstrated expertise or an educational background in one of the following: mechanical design, commissioning, energy auditing, energy modeling, the LEED/Well green building rating systems. Daily local travel, every other month national travel, and once annual international travel is expected.
As a Commissioning Engineer, working in a fast-paced environment, you will:
- Support the commissioning process on numerous, diverse projects, including office, multi-family, industrial, and other specialty building types.
- Support a Senior Cx Engineer to manage 20+ projects that are in various stages of design, construction, and warranty periods, assuring that task assignments are submitted on time to a senior commissioning engineer.
- Support a Senior Cx Engineer with tasks associated with New Construction Design Phase Commissioning: assist in the development of Owner’s Project Requirements, develop Cx specifications, Commissioning Plan development; perform DD and CD Commissioning Design Reviews; develop pre-functional and functional checklists.
- Support a Senior Cx Engineer with all tasks associated with Construction Phase Commissioning: coordinate and attend construction kick-off activities, review MEP submittals, follow all test procedures for MEP systems, track and facilitate closure of Cx issues, develop a Systems Manual for all tested equipment, over-see training of O&M staff, compile a Final Cx Report, prepare LEED and WELL Cx documentation.
- Support a Senior Cx Engineer with all tasks associated with Existing Building Commissioning: Assist in the delivery of ASHRAE Level I and II energy audits, identify and calculate savings energy efficiency measures, complete ventilation testing per ASHRAE 62.1 & 62.2, develop an overall facility improvement plan that includes upgrades and perform facility manager training.
- Manage and perform updates Standard Cx deliverables
- Through the firm’s Business Development team, write two blog posts per year for Paladino’s Abundance Blog
- Through the Cx Team Manager, assist in the identification, proposal development, and pursuit of new projects with new and/or existing clients
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Strong communication, collaboration, and technical writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years of professional experience in mechanical design, commissioning, and/or energy auditing Or An advanced degree in mechanical engineering
We seek to attract, hire and retain the best Abundance Thinkers in the industry.
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding benefit offering that includes health insurance and company matched 401k
- Professional development allowances
- A talented and fun team passionate about creating abundance
- Sustainable working environment, seeking LEED v4 certification
- A pathway to accreditation in one or more of the following: Professional Engineer, Certified Commissioning Provider, BPI Building Analyst, Certified Energy Auditor, and/or Certified Energy Manager
Paladino celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.