Are you someone who likes to step away from your desk to work in the field? Are you an ambitious professional who is ready to build a strong foundation of building science and business leadership while delivering detail-oriented and client-ready work?
We are seeking an emerging professional to join our Commissioning Team. Primary responsibilities are to deliver building commissioning and energy audits to major clients of the firm. In this role, you will have the chance to work with a variety of people and projects, across disciplines both inside and outside of the organization.
Our commissioning team is busy and hard-working – does that describe you?
This team player has a general working knowledge of building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Candidates must be highly detailed, responsive, dependable, and have good task prioritization and self-management skills. Excellent external and internal communication, big picture thinking, and continuous learning skills are highly desired.
The technically knowledgeable candidate will be able to work well with diverse groups and interests and have demonstrated expertise or an educational background in building commissioning.
Additional experience in one of the following will be looked favorably upon:
- mechanical design
- energy auditing
- energy modeling
- LEED/Well rating systems.
30-50% daily local travel, quarterly national travel, and once annual international travel is expected.
As a Commissioning Engineer, working in a fast-paced environment, you will:
- Lead the commissioning process on numerous, diverse projects, including office, multi-family, industrial, and other specialty building types.
- Manage 10+ projects that are in various stages of design, construction, and warranty periods, assuring that task assignments are submitted on time to a senior commissioning engineer.
- Complete tasks associated with New Construction Design Phase Commissioning: develop Owner’s Project Requirements, develop Cx specifications, develop Commissioning Plans, perform DD and CD Commissioning Design Reviews,
- Manage all tasks associated with Construction and Occupancy Phase Commissioning: coordinate and facilitate construction kick-off activities, review MEP submittals, complete site reports, develop pre-functional checklists, develop and perform functional tests, track and facilitate closure of Cx issues, develop a Systems Manual, over-see training of O&M staff, compile a Final Cx Report, develop a Re-Cx plan, develop a CFR, prepare LEED and WELL Cx documentation.
- Lead Existing Building Commissioning efforts, develop an overall facility improvement plan, and perform facility manager training.
- Support a Senior Energy Auditor with ASHRAE Level I and II energy audits, identify and calculate savings energy efficiency measures, create a final energy audit report, and assist owner with ECM selections.
- Support Business Development team through idea generation, and thought leadership through the writing of two blog posts per year for Paladino’s Abundance Blog
- Assist in the identification, proposal development, and pursuit of new projects with new and/or existing clients
- 2-5 years commissioning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Strong communication, collaboration, and technical writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Certification in Cx from ASHRAE, AEE, or BCA’s CCP
- LEED AP
- Experience or certification in building enclosure Cx
- Proficient with BlueBeam and CxAlloy Cx software and adept at learning new software systems
- Energy auditing or energy modeling experience
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding benefit offering that includes health insurance and retirement plan
- Professional development allowances
- A talented and fun team passionate about creating abundance
- Remote workplace, based in metro DC (DMV) area
- A pathway to accreditation in one or more of the following: Professional Engineer, Certified Commissioning Professional, Certified Energy Auditor, and/or Certified Energy Manager