We are seeking an experienced Commissioning Project Engineer to join our Commissioning Team to deliver building commissioning and energy efficiency to major clients of the firm.
This team player is experienced with building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Candidates must be highly detailed, responsive, dependable, and have good task prioritization and mentoring skills. Excellent external and internal client relationship management, big picture thinking and continuous learning skills are highly desired. The technically knowledgeable candidate will be able to work well with diverse groups and interests and have demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following: new or existing building commissioning, energy auditing, energy modeling, continuous monitoring based Cx, the LEED green building rating system, and WELL certifications. Some travel is expected.
As a Commissioning Project Engineer, working in a fast-paced environment, you will:
- Lead the commissioning process on numerous, diverse projects at varying stages of development
- Manage multiple projects that are in design, construction, and warranty periods, assuring that project deliverables and commitments are on time, on budget, and prioritized
- New Construction Design Phase Commissioning Activities: Develop Owner’s Project Requirements, develop Cx specifications, develop and implement a Commissioning Plan, perform DD and CD Commissioning Design Reviews, develop pre-functional and functional checklists, and lead client interactions to review design phase findings.
- Construction Phase Commissioning Activities: Coordinate construction kick-off activities, review MEP submittals, test all energy and water consuming MEP systems, track and facilitate closure of all Cx issues, develop a Systems Manual for all tested equipment, over-see training of O&M staff, and compile a Final Cx Report.
- Existing Building Commissioning: Conduct ASHRAE Level I and II energy audits, identify and calculate savings energy efficiency measures, complete ventilation testing per ASHRAE 62.1 & 62.2, and develop an overall facility improvement plan that includes upgrades and facility manager training.
- Produce LEED & WELL documentation for all New Construction and Existing Building certifications
- Identify and support the pursuit of new work
- Be present in the metro Washington DC real estate, facility management, or energy services marketplace
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in mechanical engineering, building science or other related field
- 3+ years professional experience in commissioning, including:
- Mechanical engineering experience with strong knowledge of building HVAC systems
- Project management experience including managing to multiple schedules and budgets
- Strong technical writing skills
- Accreditation in one or more of the following: Professional Engineer, Certified Commissioning Provider, BPI Building Analyst, Certified Energy Auditor, and/or Certified Energy Manager
- Advanced knowledge of high performance building design, construction, operations, and maintenance parameters and familiarity with at least one LEED rating system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
We seek to attract, hire, and retain the best Abundance Thinkers in the industry.
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding benefit offering that includes health insurance and company matched 401k
- Professional development allowances
- A talented and fun team passionate about creating abundance
- Sustainable working environment, seeking LEED v4 certification
Paladino celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.