Paladino and Company is seeking a Senior Commissioning Engineer to join our Commissioning Team. Our vision is a world where culture and ecology are in dynamic balance. Our mission is confident validation of high-performance buildings and the active systems that make them hum.
Our ideal Commissioning Engineer delivers building commissioning and energy audits on office, multi-family, industrial, and specialty buildings in conjunction with our consulting team. Our ideal candidate has solid knowledge of building mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. This field expert is detail focused, responsive, dependable, and has excellent task prioritization and self-management skills. The position has a strong internal peer group and a culture of collaboration to tackle emerging technologies and complex project delivery.
The growth opportunity of the role is leveraging your participation on high-performance buildings to deepen your subject matter mastery in predictive maintenance, decarbonization strategies, health and wellness features and digital twin calibration. The Consultant is actively peer coached in gaining alignment of project performance to the design intent.
- Lead the commissioning and facility improvement process on diverse projects, new and existing
- Manage 12-15 projects that are in various stages of design, construction, and warranty periods
- Coordinate and facilitate LEED construction kick-off activities, review MEP submittals, develop pre-functional checklists, develop and perform functional tests, complete site reports, track and facilitate closure of Cx issues
- Develop a Systems Manual, over-see training of O&M staff, compile a Final Cx Report, develop a Re-Cx plan, develop a CFR, prepare LEED and WELL Cx documentation
- Perform ASHRAE Level I and II energy audits; identify and calculate energy efficiency savings & create energy audit report; assist owner with ECM selections
- Create on-time task assignments for support and senior commissioning engineers
- Support the business development team through idea generation and blog posts
- Assist in the identification and pursuit of new projects through proposals and pitches
Learning and inspiration are the end goals for our culture. Key behaviors of the role are consistency and dependability. Whether leading their own projects or contributing to others’ projects, the Commissioning Engineer is highly aware of their priorities, the situation in the field and the percent completion of their tasks and deliverables.
You are accountable and know how to effectively communicate. You excel whether working independently or collaborating as a team. These key behaviors are the path to a growing foundation in building science and business leadership.
Qualifications & Experience
Subject Matter Expertise
- Mastery of the LEED deliverable suite: Owner’s Project Requirements, Cx specifications, Commissioning Plans, DD and CD Commissioning Design Reviews
- Mechanical systems design and operation
- Energy auditing and utility analysis
- Sustainable property condition assessments
- Energy modeling a plus
- LEED BD+C and LEED EB+M Rating Systems
- Well, Fitwell, Viral Response rating system experience a plus
The technically knowledgeable candidate must work well with diverse groups and interests and have demonstrated expertise.
- 5+ years commissioning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Strong communication, collaboration, and technical writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 20-30% daily local travel, quarterly national travel, and once annual international travel is expected
- Certification in Cx from ASHRAE, AEE, or BCA
- LEED AP
- Experience or certification in building enclosure Cx
- CxAlloy Cx software
- Proficient with BlueBeam or Adobe
- Energy auditing or energy modelling experience
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding benefit offering that includes health insurance and retirement plan
- Professional development allowances
- A talented and fun team passionate about creating abundance
- Remote workplace based in metro DC (DMV) area
- A pathway to accreditation in one or more of the following: Professional Engineer, Certified Commissioning Professional, Certified Energy Auditor, and/or Certified Energy Manager
Are you interested in applying for this position? Please fill out the form below!