This technically proficient team player is comfortable with big picture thinking to solve problems and engages internal and external teams to achieve sustainable and resilient results on real estate projects. The goal varies from project to project – it may be a vision of sustainability for a signature property, or it may be management of a complex integrated delivery process. Regardless, your instinct is towards leadership and you engage in continuous learning to perfect your skills and lead the market.
The right person for this role is a learner, leader, and communicator. A key skill of the role is discerning the leadership opportunity that each project presents to us and the client. You are a subject matter expert that mentors and delivers results through others. The role engages functional partners through effective communication – whether that be through stories, data, examples or analysis – to make the client project vision a reality. Comfortable speaking to groups, presenting at conferences, and leading discussions. The senior consultant must exhibit excellent client relationship management skills.
The senior consultant also has the highest level of accountability on their projects. The senior consultant is a well-organized project manager who consults on multiple projects simultaneously. You can do this because of your technical skills, excellent delegation and accountability experience.
As a Senior Consultant, working in a fast-paced environment, you will:
- Lead/present strategic vision setting for owners and project teams
- Deliver consulting across client types
- Produce technical analysis and recommendations
- Maintain a utilization target and the utilization targets of your direct reports
- Maintain project profitability / margin and achieve revenue per month targets
- Prepare and perform quality control on deliverables created by others
- Develop and manage fee projections; revenue, utilization, and profitability targets
- Assign and manage subtasks of 3-5 people; manage/mentor up to 2 direct report(s)
- Manage accounts: own the relationship, issues resolution, progress reports, service requests
- Develop accounts: identify opportunities to expand our influence within an account and win additional projects to achieve a sales target
- Complete 3 blog posts per year, presents at 4 lunch-and-learns per year, presents yearly at a regional/national conference
Subject Matter Expertise
- Vertical market types – office, commercial, retail, industrial, multifamily, higher education, civic
- LEED Systems across at least three products
- Rating system acumen in 3+ specialized types: WELL, Living Building Challenge, GRESB, etc.
- Real estate consulting services structure and best practice
- Concept design through construction administration; all phases, multiple work streams
- Technical skills – energy / water balance, ventilation, materials, landscape, wellness, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in architecture, engineering, building science or related field
- LEED/WELL AP with specialty designation; LEED Fellow desirable
- 10+ years professional experience with progression in building design, construction, or operations
- Successfully managed and prioritized 10-15+ projects simultaneously
- Successfully managed workflow assignments down, across, and up an organization
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Clear accountability skills / protocols to manage others
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org