We are seeking a sustainability consultant in Tysons, Virginia.
This team member is skilled at the flawless execution of our base service offerings – they have a crystal-clear understanding of the workflow, the tools and processes employed, and the defined deliverables. If they run into something they are unfamiliar with, they immediately consult with a senior teammate.
The right person for this role is a curious and eager learner. Many of your activities will be new to you, and there will be learning through quick wins and fast fails. Key behaviors of the role are consistency and dependability. The consultant is highly aware of where they are on the schedule and the percent completion of their task and deliverable. They are task accountable to the project manager on each project they contribute to.
The consultant’s prime focus is on projects and is working towards subject matter mastery. Learning for the consultant is guided by their senior teammates who guide their expansion of technical skills, and by senior project managers who share the skills needed for complex project execution. The quicker you can master skills, the faster the expansion of your subject domain.
We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We hire based on talent and fit, and we seek top performers.
As a Consultant working in a fast-paced environment, you will:
- Contribute strategic vision setting for owners and project teams
- Deliver Base green building design and construction consulting
- Produce technical analyses and recommendations
- Prepare deliverables that require minimal QC comments
- Develop and manage base fee projections; revenue, utilization, and profitability targets
- Assign and manage subtasks of 1-2 people; demonstrate clear accountability
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute corrective action plans
- Actively participate in a cross-office team (Technical Delivery, Culture, Business Systems)
- Contribute thought leadership through 1 blog post per year, present at 1 lunch-and-learn per year, present at a regional conference
Subject Matter Expertise
- Vertical market types – office, commercial, retail, industrial, multifamily, higher education, civic
- LEED Systems across at least two products
- Rating system acumen in 2+ specialized types: WELL, Living Building Challenge, GRESB, etc.
- Real estate development through the eyes of architects, developers, and Fortune brands
- Concept design through construction administration; all phases, multiple work streams
- Technical skills – energy / water balance, ventilation, materials, landscape, wellness, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in architecture, engineering, building science or related field
- LEED/WELL AP with a specialty designation
- 6+ years of professional experience with progression in building design, construction, operations
- Successfully managed and prioritized 8 -10+ projects simultaneously
- Successfully managed workflow assignments up and down a team
- Effective communication and presentation skills through structured messages and storylines
- Clear accountability skills/protocols to manage others
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding benefits that include health insurances and company-matched 401k
- Professional development allowances
- Green Ambassador philanthropic giving and volunteering program
- A talented, creative, passionate, and fun team
- LEED v4 Sustainable working environment with perks like fresh organic fruit
Paladino celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.