We are seeking a sustainability consultant for our Washington, DC team in Tysons, Virginia.
Would you describe yourself as productive, driven, and disciplined? Are you interested in working with a team that works smart, works together, and is focused on high quality results? Are you excited about working collaboratively with skilled technical leads on multiple projects? Does the idea of working with sustainable commercial real estate sound intriguing? If you answered yes to these questions – keep reading!
To be a successful sustainability consultant, you must be methodical, disciplined, knowledgeable, and analytical – while operating as an easy-going, resilient, and positive member of our organization. We need you to walk in on day one with well-formed professional experience in a commercial real estate related field – architecture, engineering, or construction management. Our expectation is that you’re already proficient in project management and have exceptional communication abilities when relating complex information.
We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and opportunities for advancement. We hire based on talent and fit, and we seek top performers.
- Manage multiple projects through LEED, WELL, and other sustainability third-party certification projects from concept through construction, and manage documentation including reviewer comments.
- Lead junior staff in the preparation of technical calculations that relate to the project’s location, water use, energy use, ventilation systems, and materials.
- Provide experienced based sustainable consulting advice to clients that is reflective of their journey on the spectrum from implementing best practices to leading clients towards innovative achievements
- Present technical studies and research for a variety of projects, such as climate analysis, precedents, or building a business case for a sustainable design strategy.
- Present research on market conditions, cognitive function and environmental impacts, advanced MEP systems, LEED and/or WELL certification, GRESB, GRI, and other market-leading certification systems.
- Manage 15+ projects independently, under the guidance of senior management and technical staff, and interface directly with clients to report ongoing project status and next steps.
- Independently manage your time to stay on track with billable activities, within project budgets and time allocations, and project prioritizations.
- Ensure that work done by others is aligned with company quality standards and is technically accurate before it is issued to the client
- Lead monthly coordination meetings with contractors to assist them in the completion of LEED/WELL documentation and achievement of their required credits and optimizations.
- Through the firm’s Business Development team, write two blog posts per year for Paladino’s Abundance Blog
- Through the Consulting Director and Business Development Team, assist in the identification, proposal development (fee calculations and project approach), and pursuit of new projects with new and/or existing clients
- Prepare weekly timecards, monthly invoices and financial projections for all project-related work
- BA/BS in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- LEED AP and/or WELL AP minimum required
- Proficient in at least two different LEED Rating Systems, such as NC, EBOM, Homes, Healthcare, etc.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years working in sustainable design and construction or managing LEED Certified projects Or 3+ years of experience and an advanced degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.