Molasky Corporate Center is a 270,000 square foot office building that maximizes sustainable design strategies to enhance tenant experience. As one the first green office buildings located in downtown Las Vegas, the project is viewed as a renaissance to a renewed focus on the Las Vegas business district, spurring additional development and renewed interest in the downtown core.
The building features sustainable design features with a focus on resource efficiency, reduced operating costs and indoor environmental quality such as:
- Underfloor air distribution system
- Cooling tower greywater harvesting for landscape irrigation
- High efficiency glazing system and daylighting/electric lighting strategies to reduce energy consumption
- High efficiency HVAC system/evaporative cooling
- Integrated sustainability education through installed artwork/sculpture
Paladino and Company served as the Owner’s representative for sustainable design and LEED strategy management and implementation, with responsibility to drive and manage the team to deliver a LEED Gold rating. This included the following activities:
- Development and implementation of sustainable design and LEED strategies by managing, guiding and coaching the design team and owner through to completion
- Technical and financial feasibility analysis to validate selected strategies and quantify cost and savings streams
- Managed the LEED documentation process and recommended appropriate strategies to obtain a LEED Platinum rating
- Integrated fundamental and enhanced commissioning of base building and several tenant fit outs from design phase through post occupancy
- Tenant improvement guidelines and tenant consulting to integrate base building sustainable design strategies into tenant fit out
- Contractor training, onsite coaching, management and administration of sustainable construction activities
Molasky Corporate Center was the first Class A office building in downtown Las Vegas to achieve a LEED Gold rating.